With the arrival of spring, people with pollen allergy experience complaints such as runny nose, itching, congestion, sneezing, and redness of the eyes. What you need to do is go to an allergist. Since pollen allergy affects many organs, you will want to go to different doctors, but an allergist will make the correct diagnosis. In this article, we have written what you need to do if you have a pollen allergy.

If You Have a Pollen Allergy

With the arrival of the spring months, complaints of runny nose, itching, congestion, sneezing, itching in the eyes, redness begin. Symptoms of asthma such as cough, shortness of breath and wheezing may occur over time, as their complaints increase every year.

Adult patients with pollen allergy symptoms should go to an allergist. If you have pollen allergy symptoms, it should be examined and allergy tests should be done to make the diagnosis.

Pollen allergy, which is one of the allergic diseases, is effective on many organs as in other diseases. When the complaints of runny nose, congestion, sneezing begin, ENT doctors are often visited, but the disease is not limited to the nose and throat. When there is itching and watering in the eyes, we go to ophthalmologists, but the allergy will not be limited to our eyes. When dyspnea and wheezing develop, they are followed up by chest diseases with the diagnosis of asthma or by dermatology for accompanying eczema, atopic dermatitis and complaints. This is why it is so important to diagnose and treat allergic diseases by allergy specialists.

As with all allergic diseases, if the correct diagnosis is made, the symptoms of pollen allergy can be controlled with the right drugs and there is no need to go to many doctors. Allergists reveal which allergens they are allergic to and how to treat them and whether allergy shots are needed.