Families with food allergy symptoms in their child may sometimes be hesitant about which doctor they should go to. If you say that my child has food allergy symptoms and you are looking for the most experienced specialist, we recommend you to read this article.

Which Doctor Should I Go To If My Child Has Food Allergy?

We recommend that you take your child to a pediatric allergist (now known as pediatric immunology and allergy specialist) when food allergy symptoms appear. Because;

Pediatric allergists are doctors who have received training on food allergy and other allergic diseases in children from birth to 18 years of age, and who have received a pediatric allergy specialist (newly known as pediatric immunology and allergy specialist) diploma as a result of this training, and who are also pediatric health and diseases specialists.

If children are wrongly diagnosed with food allergy, you may have made a food allergy diet unnecessarily, and if a child with food allergy is not given a diet, you may cause significant problems in the child’s health. Therefore, it is important to make a correct diagnosis.

Food allergy may be the beginning of the allergic march. The risk of developing asthma and allergic diseases increases with age in a child with food allergy who has not been diagnosed and treated. For this reason, it will be useful to be careful in terms of symptoms of asthma and allergic diseases.

As a result;

  • If your child has a food allergy or allergic disease, it is also beneficial to take him to a pediatric allergist.
  • As a result of correct diagnosis and treatment, you can prevent the development of other allergic diseases in your child.