Eczema is the most common allergic skin disease in infants and children. Its frequency is increasing day by day in children. It is necessary to treat babies and children with eczema symptoms after they are evaluated and diagnosed by pediatric allergists.
The Importance of a Pediatric Allergist in Eczema Treatment
Pediatric allergists are specially trained specialists in the treatment of eczema in infants and children from birth to 18 years old. Pediatric allergy specialists are doctors who have special education in eczema and allergy diseases, who have a pediatric allergy specialist diploma (new pediatric immunology and allergy diseases specialist) and also a pediatric specialist. The cause of eczema in infants and children is 40-60% food allergy, and the determination of the food allergy test is very valuable and the experts who are trained in performing this test are pediatric allergy specialists because of the diagnosis and treatment of eczema in infants and children is of great importance therefore allergy specialists also have great importance in eczema.
Allergy tests are of great importance in the treatment of eczema
Allergy tests are important in the treatment of eczema. Because cause of 40-60% eczema is food allergy. An allergy test is performed from the skin to see if there is a food allergy or not, and this test can be done from 1-2 months of age. According to the results of this test, it is determined which foods should be dieted. If the cause of eczema is food allergy, it is difficult to be successful in treatment without diet.
Tests that can be done in Istanbul Allergy Eczema Branch;
- Skin prick test
- Patch test
- Food provocation test
- Metal allergy tests
- Serum allergy tests
- Penicillin and other antibiotic allergy tests
- Local anesthetic and general anesthetic allergy tests
What should I be aware of when I come to have an Allergy Test in Eczema Branch?
Some drugs that may affect the results of allergy tests need to be discontinued 1 week before the allergy test. Some of these drugs are; cough syrups, cold medicines, allergy medications. Antibiotics and inhaled drugs do not affect allergy tests. During an allergy test, the child should not have breathlessness.
At what age can allergy tests be done?
Although it can be done at any age, food tests can be done from 1-2 months of age. For asthma and allergic rhinitis, allergy tests can be done from the age of 1-2.
As a result;
- Allergy tests are important in the treatment of eczema.
- Moisturizing, healing treatments and drug treatment can be used in eczema treatment.
- Bathing is important for babies and children with eczema.
- Silk clothes and special clothes can be used for babies and children with eczema.
- Allergy vaccines can be considered in children who have allergies to house dust mite and eczema, who also have allergic rhinitis
- Pediatric allergy specialists are specially trained doctors in eczema diagnosis and treatment with a diploma in this field and also specialists in pediatry.